Dorothy Clarke Scholarship
(previously the Professional Development Scholarship)
This scholarship, formerly the Professional Development Scholarship, was established in 2001 using funds generated by the Association of Paediatric and Child Health Nurses (APCHN) WA Inc and interest obtained from the Dorothy Clarke Paediatric Nursing Fund. When APCHN WA Inc became a member of the Australian College of Children and Young People’s Nurses (ACCYPN) and formed the WA Chapter, the members ensured the scholarship was maintained for nurses in Western Australia. Furthermore, members agreed to change the name to the Dorothy Clarke Scholarship in 2010 to ensure the significant contribution that Dorothy Clarke made to paediatric nursing education is remembered. This scholarship will be available to all Ordinary Members of the ACCYPN that are employed in Western Australia.
The purpose of this scholarship is to assist nurses working with children and young people to access funding for professional development activities that enhance their role in children’s health.
Extent of the Scholarship
Scholarships will be awarded to applicants for the following:
- Tuition fees associated with formal study (i.e. enrolment in a relevant post graduate tertiary or other accredited course).
- Conference attendance (including registration, travel/airfare, accommodation, subsistence and transfers).
- Study tours (travel/airfare, accommodation, subsistence and transfers).
- Research where applicant is a Principal Investigator (loss of wages, software, data transcription, data analysis, consumables). Computing hardware will not be funded.
The scholarship value is to the maximum of $3000 (variable according to the interest generated annually).
The activity for which funding is sought should be directly related to the applicant’s professional role related to the nursing care of children and young people.
Eligibility is limited to nurses:
- Who have been ordinary members of the ACCYPN for at least 12 months and are members of the WA Chapter.
- Are employed in WA.
- Are Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents.
To apply for support
Application Closing Date
Applications close 1 July.